Review: Kensington KeyFolio (iPad 2) August 21, 2011
If you’ve ever wanted the convenience of an iPad, and the keyboard of an netbook, the Kensington KeyFolio is the case for you! Not only does this case protect your iPad, but incorporates a Bluetooth wireless keyboard for effortless typing.
- The built-in Bluetooth keyboard features an awesome chicklet design, similar to the Apple wireless keyboard. This makes typing simple and comfortable.
- The exterior of the case features a nice, soft touch texture.
- You can use your iPad in a landscape or portrait position when using the KeyFolio case. This is nice if you use apps like Pages that work in portrait or landscape positions.
- The keyboard has integrated iPad-specific buttons. An example of this is the lock key, that locks your iPad’s screen.
- The KeyFolio adds a ton of bulk to your iPad 2. This is bad for anyone who likes to travel light or wants to bring their iPad to class.
- The keyboard isn’t removable. I would like to see this added to future KeyFolio cases.
- This case tends to stain easily. Even though the stains can be easily removed with soapy water, this is unacceptable for an expensive case.
- The KeyFolio costs $99.99. To me, this is too much for an iPad case. I would like to see this case retail for $50 or less.
- Currently, you can only purchase one color of the KeyFolio case. I wish that Kensington would offer more color choices.